Now a question being received daily!
Here we go…….
We will be open on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays from 10am-4pm, (with evening appointments if required) FROM the 6th August. In the meantime we are making some changes to the buildings, layout, security and website.
We cannot be sure when we will be able to revert back to full ‘in the room’ auctions. BUT we WILL be holding large traditional sales again at some point. At the moment it is only legal for auction houses to sell online. Until the maximum gathering restrictions are lifted (currently 30 people) and clients are confortable being in a busy saleroom, we will be operating in the below temporary format:
1. Open Thurs-Sat 10am-4pm without appointment for the general public & trade to view available lots from 6th Aug.
2. All lots will be island and cabinet displayed, with a combination of spacious aisles & one way systems.
3. General items will be available with a Buy Now price (this will be subject to the usual 15% commission no vat)
4. Mid range items, may be as above or open to the Best Offer, via bidding slips as per a ‘normal auction’ viewing, where the highest bid will win and be informed to pay & collect. (again subject to commission)
5. High end items, depending on the vendors preference will be offered by either of the above formats OR auctioned via our own new online timed auction platform.
These lots will have multi-images, description, dimensions and full condition reports (there’s a novelty! lol) Our platform will allow clients to register and bid online or we can bid for you if you prefer. The timed auction will finish at exactly the time advertsed with no extensions.(so you won’t have to sit waiting, wondering when your lot will actually end!) The winning client will be invoiced to pay via bacs, card or cash with collection or courier service available. All lots will be subject to the usual commission (as above)
We are currently building this system ready for trial running to check for potential teething problem or upgrades required. We will ask a few regular clients to partake in a trial run and give us some feedback prior to launch. The new website will be launched once our panel of clients are happy with the format.
6. Our new Rag & Bone Recycling bay will offer items from our clients house clearances, to save items from landfill, reduce clients clearance bills and to raise funds for our chosen charities. Our family owned Rag & Bone retail shop in town will re-open once we are happy with the auction houses re-launch. Clothing will be taken by donation from our clearances for Callington’s own Memory Cafe.
7. We will be restricting the number of people in the building to comply with current guidance and to encourage client confidence. Comfortable waiting areas and secluded ‘taking in of goods’ areas are being set up. We hope to extend this to include the cafe being open on these days after the first few trial weeks. (not sure if we will be rattling or inundated!) Acceptance of goods will be by appointment to start with, until we are happy that we can safely control a no appointent system. It is looking likely that the wearing of masks will be a requirement by the time we open in August. (bit after the horse has bolted eh!)
Speaking of horses, there will some new additions, not only are our chickens keen on climbing into clients vehicles, but our duckings are taking to following anyone everywhere and some new horses include a little fellow called Smurf, who I think many of our clients will adore! Myself & the team at Beech can’t wait to see you all again, socialise at distance and resume our ongoing pursuit of treasure!