Here is a TEST LOT to practise using our system. It is not a real lot and you will not be invoiced
NO TIME EXTENSIONS each lot will end at the set stated time
NO TIMED BIDDING/SNIPING FACILITIES. no cheating here, either leave your maxium bid and walk away or take your chance on bidding in the last few seconds!
- REGISTER & LOG IN TO BID – registration is free and you only have to do this ONCE! You will automatically receive a confirmation and computer generated password (you can change your password) PLEASE NOTE: your password will NOT work until the auctioneer personally approves you and sends a confirmation of acceptance email.
- LOTS: Our online catalogue provides a short title description with main & quick view secondary images. Click on the title or image to view further images, use the virtual loupe to magnify an image, scroll down for a full description, dimensions, condition report and in some cases to watch the embedded videos of the lot, research documentation etc. There are no viewing days, as we run as an auction warehouse. However, should you have further questions, then use the ‘Ask the Auctioneer’ facility or contact us. A viewing may be arranged by appointment for higher end items or more complex lots (such as postcard/stamp albums etc.) Familiarise yourself with your My Account Dashboard, as you can watch items and view the progress of your bidding.
- BIDDING. To bid you may either type the amount you wish to bid or use the plus/minus buttons
Each time you bid ou will be asked to ‘Confirm your bid’. You may enter a maximum amount and let the system bid for you or bid the next amount and keep an eye on it yourself. If you can’t bid, then check you are logged in , that the auction has started or contact us!
All bids are legal and binding inline with our T&Cs.
IF you wish to bid in the last few seconds, then please remember to REFRESH your page. Your device, internet speed, may make a difference on how late you can leave it to bid and press confirm, the latter can time out if left open for too long.
These are all elements out of our control.
ALL LOTS ARE SUBJECT TO 15% buyers commission (no vat) please bear this in mind when bidding.
- INVOICING & COLLECTION: We do not send out online invoices. All invoices are remotely raised on the day after the sale and a generic ‘you have won please make an appointment’ email will be sent out. You may view your dashboard to see your won lots.
Winning bidders need to contact us to arrange a STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT slot to collect from the Tuesday- Saturday 10am-5pm during the week after the sale. Once booked in, your lots will be picked and packed ready for counter collection.
Payment is by Card or Cash on collection (Bacs by arrangement)
WE KEEP OUR COMMISSION RATE LOW BY:
NOT OFFERING A POSTAL OR DELIVERY SERVICE – we have independant man & vans who will quote and bill you direct or feel free to arange your own courier, so long as they book an appointment with us. We do not pack and post, unless the auctioneer makes an exception.
& BY NOT HAVING SET OPENING HOURS – the collection counter is manned for pre-booked appointments slots only.
We keep our staffing costs low so we can keep our commissions low – please book all appointments by email.We also appreciate that it is not always cost effective to travel to collect one lot, we are happy to discuss later collection providing that the item/s are paid for in full and on time.
- GUARANTEES; all lots are sold as detailed and described, it is the buyers responsibility to ensure that they are happy with the lot prior to bidding. As we do not offer viewing days, we offer an ‘Ask the Auctioneer’ a question facility. Should any buyer be unhappy with any lot upon collection as being not as described or if any pat tested electrical items are not functioning correctly, then we do offer a full refund service, should the lot not perform correctly but ONLY providing we are informed within 7 days of the auction ending. If you collect the item late or inform us late then no refund will be given. Once the vendors have been paid out it is too late to return.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU – DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK