Here is a TEST LOT to practise using our system, This is how it works:
- You need to be REGISTERED & LOGGED IN to bid. Registration is free and you only need to register once. Select Log In/Register from the main menu or click the person icon in the top right hand corner. You will be automatically sent a confirmation and randon password (check your spam/junk mail just incase) This password will not work until the auctioneer has personally approved your application (when there isn’t an auction running there may be a delay in approval, but we try to monitor it quickly when an auction is live) You will receive a further email confirming approval and then you may Log In using the random password (easier to copy & paste it as they are very random) You may then change your password to any of your choice. If you get stuck we can assist you.
- LOTS: Our online catalogue provides a short title description with main & quick view secondary images. Click on the title or image to view further images, use the virtual loupe to magnify an image, scroll down for a full description, dimensions, condition report and in some cases to watch the embedded videos of the lot, research documentation etc. There are no viewing days, as we run as an auction warehouse. However, should you have further questions, then use the ‘Ask the Auctioneer’ facility or contact us. A viewing may be arranged by appointment for higher end items or more complex lots (such as postcard/stamp albums etc.) A text catalogue is available to view/print/download & the My Account dashboard is available (to be upgraded soon)
- BIDDING. To bid you may either use the plus/minus buttons to change the bid value to the amount you wish to bid, don’t get ‘Beech Finger’ by mutiple clicking the plus button as you may simply click where the numbers are and type the amount you wish to bid.
If you choose to enter your maximum bid, then the system will bid for you up to your maximum whenever someone else bids against you. You may increase your maximum at any point & as many times as you like, your leading bid will only go up when someone else bids. Each time you bid a ‘Confirm your Bid’ box will pop up asking you to click to confirm you wish to bid. This bid is then legal and binding inline with our T&Cs. If you loiter too long on the confirmation box, it may time out, you will need to learn to get your timing right if taking the chance of bidding in the last few seconds. If a confirmation box does not pop up, then check your security settings for pop up blockers. Also remember to REFRESH your page and check your device timing is inline with the website, take into account your internet speed, don’t use a VPN or even change device if experiencing any problems. These are all elements out of our control.
You will receive an outbid/won notice via email, but some go to junk/spam, so keep an eye on the lot if it is one you really don’t want to lose. ALL LOTS ARE SUBJECT TO 15% buyers commission (no vat) please bear this in mind when bidding.
- INVOICING & COLLECTION: Payment is by Card or Cash on collection. We do not send out online invoices.
Winning bidders need to contact us to arrange a STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT slot to collect.
At this point your invoice will be raised and your lots picked and packed ready for you. Client booked couriers accepted by appointment. Indepedent Man&Van services are available for local deliveries, you will be quoted and billed direct. No payment no release.
PLEASE NOTE: No appointments are available on Sundays or Mondays. We do not have any set opening hours, as we are often out at house clearances. Our staff only work the times when appointments are booked. So check with us first before calling in.
We appreciate that it is not always cost effective to travel to collect one lot, we are happy to discuss later collection providing that the item/s are paid for in full and on time.
- GUARANTEES; all lots are sold as detailed and described, it is the buyers responsibility to ensure that they are happy with the lot prior to bidding. Should any buyer be unhappy with any lot upon collection as being not as described or if any pat tested electrical items are not functioning correctly, then we do offer a full refund service, should the lot not perform correctly but ONLY providing we are informed within 7 days of the auction ending. If you collect the item late or inform us late then no refund will be given.
We may reset the bidding on this test lot at any point, if the activity becomes extreme!
Any questions…just ask 🙂
This test lot is for client test & trial purposes only, is not actually being auctioned and images are for trial reference purposes.
You are not actually purchasing this lot!